AMS-003 - Private Day Trip to Zaanse Schans Windmill Village & Dutch Countryside#Day trips #Panoramic Tours #Family Tours
Enjoy a countryside tour to one of the most beautiful Dutch villages- experience traditional windmills, cheese tasting and a clog workshop.
Tour price per adult:
|Price per 1 person||715€||370€||204€||144€||111€||91€||77€||68€||62€||59€||55€|
|Group size||Price per 1 person|
- 4h private guide services
- 4h private tour vehicle
- Countryside sightseeing drive through Polder de Beemster
- Windmill visit
- Walking tour & visit of Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
- Dutch cheese tasting & wooden shoe workshop
- Free time for lunch/ coffee break / shopping
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price
Meet & greet followed by a scenic drive to cheese farm out of the city
Visit of the farm & presentation, cheese tasting and some free time at the farm shop
Countryside drive through beautiful scenic polder de Beemster
Visit of Zaanse Schans windmill village, clog workshop and free time for a coffee break/ shopping
Return transfer to Amsterdam city center/ your hotel
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
- Polder de Beemster
- Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
- During the flower season April - May, the polders are beautifully colored with flower fields
- Unique Dutch landscape- polders & canals
- Dutch cheese tasting
- Windmill visit
- Clog making/wooden shoe workshop
- Visit to Jakobshoeve cheese farm
- Countryside drive through UNESCO World Heritage Site
We will take joy in a relaxing panoramic drive out of Amsterdam towards the wholesome setting of rich cultural heritage on the fine green fields of polder de Beemster. One of the most famous examples of how reclaiming land from water is done.
Before taking a serene stroll around a village known for its characteristic green wooden houses, we will take a lesson in cheese making at a local dairy farm. Much like wooden shoe making, cheese making is an old Dutch craft and we will get to sample the best of its products. At the farm shop you will also find typical Dutch delicacies and souvenirs, such as caramel filled stroopwafel cookies and cheese slicers.
Once at the charming Zaanse Schans Windmill Village, boasting more than 600 running windmills in its heyday, we will also get to experience the rumbling of an authentic mill still used for grinding oil, flour and spices today.
From wooden barns and windmills to traditional cheese factories, this tour to the best of local folklore in the middle of Dutch farmland will leave you invigorated and fulfilled with irresistible local tastes and smells.
Our day comes to an end with a return drive to Amsterdam.