AMS-005 - Zaanse Schans Windmill Village, Cheese Tasting & Amsterdam Private Tour#Most Popular #Shore Excursions #Day trips #Family Tours
Experience the unique setting of reclaimed land with a countryside tour to polders, windmills and a cheese farm.
Tour price per adult:
|Price per 1 person||1040€||535€||287€||199€||152€||124€||106€||93€||83€||79€||73€|
|Group size||Price per 1 person|
- 6h private guide services
- 6h private tour vehicle
- Local farm visit with Dutch cheese tasting
- Countryside sightseeing drive through Polder de Beemster
- Walking tour & visit of Zaanse Schans Windmill Village with wooden shoe workshop
- Windmill visit
- Free time for lunch/ coffee break / shopping
- Panoramic tour of Amsterdam
- Private round transfer from/to cruise port/hotel
- Gratuities to the guide and driver are not included in the tour price.
Meet & greet at cruise port/hotel followed by scenic drive to cheese farm out of the city
Visit of the farm & presentation, cheese tasting and some free time at the farm shop
Countryside drive through beautiful scenic polder de Beemster
Visit of Zaanse Schans windmill village, clog workshop and free time for a coffee break/ shopping
Return transfer to Amsterdam
Amsterdam city sightseeing tour
Return transfer to your hotel/cruise port
Children’s Discounts: 3-year-old and under are free, 15% discount for ages 4-12.
- Unique Dutch landscape- polders & canals
- Local cheese farm
- Dutch cheese tasting
- Countryside drive through UNESCO World Heritage Site Polder de Beemster
- Zaanse Schans Windmill Village
- Clog making/wooden shoe workshop
- Windmill visit
- Amsterdam panoramic city tour
Western Europe´s oldest industrial area awaits at just a short scenic drive from Amsterdam with still ten pairs of sails continuing to turn in the historical village of Zaanse Schans.
Our picturesque countryside drive will take us first through the green pastures of Beemster, the first so-called polder in the Netherlands that was reclaimed from a lake, the water being extracted by windmills. Nestled between verdant farmland we will enjoy a demonstration of the craft of cheese-making and sample the delicious local cheese, which the Dutch are visibly passionate about.
After some free time at the farm shop, we will continue towards the charming village at Zaanse Schans. Once on the quaint grounds surrounded by water, windmills and green wooden houses, we will delight in looking around a working mill and see the clog makers at work while learning about the history of wooden shoes.
Once refreshed with some time for a coffee break, we will return to Amsterdam to take in the highlights of this unique and beautiful city built on water along its UNESCO-listed canals.
The guided sightseeing drive with stops will take us past the historic town center, the Museum Square, the Dam Square and striking Renaissance architecture. This picturesque and comprehensive day trip is the perfect overview of the best of The Netherlands.
The tour comes to an end back in the cruise port or your hotel.